Victoria University of Wellington Tramping Club
Welcome to VUWTC Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Leadership weekend 12-14 October

Last post 18-10-2007, 1:35 PM by Richard. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  27-09-2007, 3:08 PM 2249

Leadership weekend 12-14 October

Yo ho ho!

Right it's all confirmed, the VUWTC leadership weekend will be going down from Friday 12 until Sunday 14 October. The weekend will be based round an off-track tramp with very small groups and everyone having a go leading and navigating. The weekend is aimed at people who know what they're doing with a compass and we can use as a leader on trips next year. It should be an awesome chance to learn some new skills about managing groups up in the hills and the like!!

Anyway so I'll have a sign-up sheet at the meeting next Tuesday and if you can't make it then but are keen or want to know more, drop me an email.

Have a terrific Thursday!

•  03-10-2007, 11:55 PM 2291 in reply to 2249

Re: Leadership weekend 12-14 October

I am def keen.  A newbie to the club, but not to tramping.

Please kee p me updated regarding the trip.

Thanks

Freddy - 021805888

•  04-10-2007, 1:34 PM 2296 in reply to 2291

Hey there

Won't finalise plans until everyone has signed up, as a lot hinges on how many people sign up and how many groups we have! Plus the maestro of the trip is away in the hills this week! I'll have the sign up sheet again next Tuesday at the AGM and if you're keen and can't make it then, drop me an email (beattianna@student.vuw.ac.nz) instead of clogging up people's inboxes!

Cheers, Annabel

•  15-10-2007, 1:12 PM 2353 in reply to 2296

Thanks to all future leaders for coming on this on the weekend.

I hope everybody got something out of the course and that you'll apply the skills from the weekend on trips into the hills in the future.

And a big thank you to Ritchie for organising the course and preparing the options, notes and for sharing his advice.

To those drivers that provided transport, as always, refill your engines and bring the receipt along to a Club treasurer for reimbursement of costs.

And to the course participants, in the interests of investment in leadership development, the Club has opted to sponsor the trip meaning that there is no cost for the trip payable to the Club.

Regards

Alyn

Chief Guide

Alyn
    027 446 5275
    Alyn.Higgins@hospitalitynz.org.nz
  •  18-10-2007, 1:35 PM 2372 in reply to 2353

Great weekend, I'd just like to thank the other Richie (who I get mistaken for quite a bit) and the boys for being so sh1thouse against france and freeing up the date.

Richie
View as RSS news feed in XML